CLADE’s General Assembly is the highest-level decision-making body and is composed of all its members.
These are the powers of the General Assembly:
- Approve the annual report of the Steering Committee and the Executive Coordination;
- Set the policies, course of action and program of the campaign.
- Select the Steering Committee;
- Review the audited financial report and approve the general budget;
- Amend the internal bylaws;
- Make final decisions regarding membership applications.
The assembly gathers every two years. One of them is a mid-term review and the other one is a quadrennial review, covering the full period of the strategic plan.
Read more about our assemblies:
The Steering Committee conducts the affairs and activities of CLADE in-between assemblies, in compliance with the resolutions and decisions taken. It is composed of 11 representatives elected by member organizations:
- Six national coalitions: one by subregion, in the case of the Southern Cone and the Andean region; two from the subregion of Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean Basin; and two more elected by the Assembly based on thematic and historical criteria.
- Two regional networks;
- Two international organizations.
- The Executive Coordination.
For the 2018-2020 period, the following organizations were elected to join the Steering Committee:
Asociación Latinoamericana de Educación y Comunicación Popular (ALER)
Ayuda en Acción
Campaña Argentina por el Derecho a la Educación
Campaña Boliviana por el Derecho a la Educación
Campaña Nacional por el Derecho a la Educación de Brasil
Federación Internacional Fe y Alegría
Foro por el Derecho a la Educación Pública de Chile
Reagrupación Educación para Todos y Todas (REPT) Haití
Red Salvadoreña por el Derecho a la Educación (RESALDE)
For the purpose of CLADE’s legal representation, an organization was legally incorporated in Brazil under the name CLADE Brasil.
The Steering Committee of CLADE Brasil is composed of:
Rosana Heringer - general director
Theresa Adrião - deputy director
José Marcelino Pinto
The Fiscal Council is composed of:
Salomão Barros Ximenes
Vera Masagão Ribeiro
Global Partnership for Education
Light for the World International
OREALC UNESCO Santiago
The Norwegian Students’ and Academics’ International Assistance Fund
UNICEF - Oficina Regional para América Latina y el Caribe
In an effort to implement transparency and accountability practices, CLADE prepares and publishes its annual and financial reports.
Click here to read our reports: